May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and according to The Skin Cancer Foundation, 5 million people are treated for skin cancer annually. In the last 30 years, more people have had skin cancer than every other type of cancer combined. One in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer at some point in their lifetime and 13 million Americans are living with a history of non-melanoma skin cancer.
Are you covered? Reduce your risk:
- Remain indoors or in the shade, especially between 10am and 4pm, when the sun is strongest.
- Avoid sunburns at all costs.
- Stay away from tanning beds.
- Cover up with clothing, broad brimmed hats, and UV blocking sunglasses.
- Use Broad Spectrum (UVA/UVB protection) SPF 15 or higher.
- Examine your skin every month and get an annual check up with your dermatologist.
Protect your skin- Use PCA
PCA Skin is dedicated to improving lives. All five SPF's have earned The Seal of Recommendation from the Skin Cancer Foundation. Our sunscreens meet a specific criteria to earn the seal and is recognized by consumers worldwide as safe and effective sun protection.